Reporting to the Projects Manager, Information Technology Services (ITS) in the Project Management Office (PMO),the successful candidate is responsible for providing project leadership, client focused business support, project leadership and technology support for the assigned functional area(s); working closely with their functional areas to aid in the support of existing systems and the planning and implementation of new systems and system processes.
- Contributes to project planning and control including: estimating and planning specific tasks; providing direction, guidance and technical support to staff; assigning tasks with reasonable deadlines; and ensuring adherence to schedules.
- Assists the Project Manager in the development of an annual plan for the noted departments ensuring that major initiatives are in line with the Information Technology Services and the Region’s strategic direction.
Responsible for the evaluation, selection and acquisition of hardware, software, and vendor resources while adhering to budget plans.
- Liaises with internal staff, stakeholders, and cross-functional/project teams on a variety of automation initiatives.
Regularly reviews technical literature regarding system methodologies, development productivity tools and techniques and attend seminars, conferences and training, as required.
- Analyses user requirements and Department technology needs and generates alternative approaches to information systems design.
- Provides cost effective solutions to meet both Departmental and Provincial objectives through the application of information technologies.
- Prepares system prototypes for user consultation and contributes to the design, development, testing, modification, documentation and implementation of systems.
- Co-ordinates specific assigned systems development and implementation activities, from the preparation of user requirement definitions, systems analysis, general & detail design documents, to development prototyping and implementation.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma program in Information Technology or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years experience in information systems project implementation and support for functional area(s) assigned such as finance, human resources, health, social services, transportation or planning and corporate based processes.
- Experience in assessing application technology and end user needs and recommending solutions in accordance with
- Regional strategic direction, including familiarity with PeopleSoft, and relational databases.
- Demonstrated human resource management and staff supervisory experience.
- Valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this job